Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Changes

So I finally cut my hair short. I'd been thinking about it for a while but something always kept me from doing it: people telling me it wouldn't look good, my aunt discouraged me, my ex-boyfriend didn't like short hair, my hairdresser not wanting to cut it so short because of sentimental reasons, but I finally got the courage to say "Fuck the world, I'm doing what I want with my own hair." I'll post some pictures of it sometime in the near future but, for those of you who don't know me, my hair was really long, down almost to my butt and it is brownish sometimes reddish and very wavy. I call them mermaid waves because its almost like my hair has been crimped but in large waves. It doesn't look bad, but I wasn't too fond of it. Now I cut my hair to right at my shoulders and my shortest layers are above the shoulder. The top of my hair is much straighter then the bottom but if I blow-dry my hair then i get this sort of flippy thing going on that really reminds me of the movie Hairspray. I think it looks cute. Supposedly it makes me look taller, but the most important thing is that it is totally different. I've been way over due for a change and I wanted to start my changes before summer so that way I could have a totally new life by summer. It starts with the hair. Next is going to be my room. I'm going to clean it and then redo it, maybe even paint it. I think that I want to change it into a kind of dorm room style room with a studio for my artwork and photography. I was thinking of doing a loft bed with a desk and bookcase underneath. I'm going to get a new bureau and desk and bed, curtains, and maybe an extra bookcase and an easel?? I'm thinking about color schemes now and I think I want my furniture to be dark colored with yellow and white accents. This summer I will also be starting a garden and redoing my closet and maybe even redoing my wardrobe and changing my style. We shall see. But I do know that things are going to change. I've been putting it off for too long. And the people that don't like the changes will have to deal with it. But I know that if they are my true friends, they will accept me for whatever I decide to change.

0 comments:

Post a Comment