Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Total and Absolute Craziness!!!!

So today had to be one of the craziest, most pee-inducing, most traumatic days of my entire life. Maybe I'm being a little melodramatic, but at the time, and at this moment, as I think of it and the crazy consequences that can be a by-product of it, this statement seems totally valid...

Today me and my friends played hooky from school since it was an FCAT day and, being seniors, we would have been wasting our time there. So we all went over to our friend Kevin's house. My friend Melissa gave me directions, but Kevin lives in a gated community and for some ridiculous reason that I still can not fathom but will soon be remedied, he does not have access to open the gates, so Melissa tells me to park where the exit is. I figure if I park far enough forward the people that want to exit can get out through the entrance so I do as she says.

Well, we've been hanging out at his house for a little while when our friend Sammy says she needs a ride somewhere and I offer to take her.  As we are getting to the gates we see this red truck pull around and start taking my liscence plate number and we freak out! He asks us if the car is ours and like idiots we lie and say no hoping he will drive away and we can move the car without him noticing. However, he is not moving! He starts taking down every little information he can about the car so me and Sammy and our friend Danielle start freaking out and call Kevin to come move the car.

Kevin comes rushing and says he is sorry. But this other guy came and tells us that he needs our insurance information and the registration because apparently a buddy of his was trying to get out of the neighborhood and found he couldn't get out of the exit because my car was parked there. Trying to get around it he backed up right into the the spikes that keep people from entering through the exit and popped his tires. He drove to the Publix and was waiting to get picked up.

We ask him how much the damage is, that we'll pay for it. To please not involve the insurance companies. So after this whole huge discussion and lecture we give him my name and my number and Kevin's name since he says he is the one driving the car and we all get in the car and get the hell out! Apparently the guy was going to call the tow truck and we owe the guy who popped his tires about $200.

So we decide, after we drop Sammy off, that maybe it isn't a good idea to park in the entrance to Kevin's complex so he calls up his friend and asks if we can park in her driveway. She gives us her permission but her house is on a corner near a school so there is this patrol guy who gives us a hard time about it until he realizes that we got permission from the owners to park there.

So we can finally walk back to Kevin's house, where the rest of our group is all wondering what the hell just happened. We aren't there for very long when Sammy calls to get picked up and we go to get her. But when we get back to Kevin's friend's house to park the car again, the elementary school has just let out and this idiot woman has parked right in front of the parking space and we ask her to move and she gives the hardest time about it! So we try to go around her and this idiot is driving on the wrong side of the road so we can't.

So here we are blocking traffic because of these ridiculous parents who never learned the rules of the road and Melissa is just getting really pissed off, because we are all doing the right thing and yet we are getting blamed for what is going on and getting honked at and the patrol guy is yelling at us and she gets out of the car and basically directs traffic herself!

Finally we are getting able to get into our spot after busting such a mission and the patrol guy gives us a hard time again, but we convince him that it is us again...

So yeah, those people with the popped tires have yet to call me, but until then I'm shitting my pants.

0 comments:

Post a Comment