Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Now a Part of the Workforce

As of this weekend I officially joined the millions of Americans who are happily or unhappily a part of that which we call the workforce. I had lots of fears about having a job, no matter how much I wanted one or needed one.For instance, I was terrified that I couldn't do the job, that I wouldn't be capable because I would be too stupid or whatever (I know, stupid, but that's how it is). And then I was also worried that I would be focusing too much on work and that I wouldn't have time for school or my friends. That my grades would drop and I'd be stuck in some two-bit job for the rest of my life because I flunked out of college. Or that I would lose all my friends because I was working constantly and I would steadily become this unhappy person that all they had in their life was work and school. I didn't realize that my time management skills are much better than I thought. Even working 14 hours this weekend I managed to finish all the schoolwork I needed to complete, sleep enough and hang out with my friends. All of my friends. And next weekend I feel I wil do just as well. I've sort of made up a kind of life schedule for myself. Where I need to do at least one social thing a week, one school event a week and have one day a week where I sleep in. Then all the rest of the time I can focus on school and work and I will still have a life. I feel like I have finally started accomplishing something in my life. Now I have school and a job and all I need to do is start incorporating art into my life again and it will all go perfectly. And I have a feeling that I'll be able to figure out how to figure that in.Once I have, my life is on track and actually have a life.

0 comments:

Post a Comment