Tuesday, February 23, 2010

My Career Options

OK so I'm here at school. and, by the way, I think it's totally awesome I can update my blog at school :) I was thinking about all the times that I've changed my mind about what I want to do with my life and how I still want to do all of these things!

I've gone from wanting to be a teacher, to wanting to be a novelist, to wanting to be a Broadway actress, to wanting to be a journalist, to wanting to be a journalist for National Geographic Magazine, to wanting to be a photojournalist for National Geographic Magazine, to wanting to be a columnist, like a how-to girl for some magazine like Cosmo, to wanting to be a publisher, to wanting to be a photographer, and now to work in graphic design.... Yeah, the list is very long.

Right now I should be working on an article in newspaper, especially since I'm supposed to be setting an example since I'm Sports Editor and what-not, however, I couldn't get the topic of my career out of my head.

First of all, I've realized that I have to do something that I like because, if not, I'm going to end up getting fired from every job I get. I think I've narrowed down what my dream jobs are.

1) On-Staff Photojournalist for National Geographic Magazine, or a similar style of magazine. A job like that I will never be bored in. I will get sent on expeditions to photograph, so I will see the world, I'll get to photograph what I see and I'll get to edit my photographs, which I love to do. Basically, the perfect place for me to be. Whether it is possible or not, I have no idea, but I will try to make it happen.

2) A book publisher or editor. I'm not sure which one it is, but the one who reads manuscripts and then decide which ones are going to be published and set up the book tours and get the design for the cover and all that other stuff. A job where I can read all day and get excited about a book and help an author make it big! Kind of philanthropic in the way that I think about it.

So, I really think those are my two dream jobs, but I'm also really interested in graphic design right now. You know, making advertisements, book covers, laying out magazine/newspaper pages, web pages, etc. I've only just started learning about it, but I'm really excited about it and I think I might do well at it as well as being entertained.

I don't know exactly what I will be doing in the future. My mom says she can see me going places, but I'm pretty sure that's what all moms are supposed to say. For right now, I have ideas about where I want to go and what I want to do. I'll just have to wait and see what it is the future has in store for me. As long as it isn't failure, I think I will be content.

0 comments:

Post a Comment