The decision isn't too hard to make once I looked at the pros and cons of attending each school.
Pros for Attending FIU:
- Do not have to pay extra to rent a room or stay in dorms
- Do not have to pay for food
- Staying near friends
- Great School with good credentials
- Offers programs I am interested in studying
- Can save up for study abroad programs
- Gives me time to save money to buy a car, camera equipment and for living expenses after college
- Close to home, staying with family, not leaving the nest, etc.
- In Miami; I hate Miami
- Not getting the full college experience
- Great School with great credentials
- Beautiful campus that I am in love with
- Has programs that I am interested in pursuing
- Living on my own, four hours away from home
- Not too expensive
- Starting early
- Must get a job up there.
- Costs more than FIU, especially because of living expenses.
- Must have a car for graduation which means waiting on a camera and the start of my photography career.
- Less friends in Orlando, loneliness can be a bitch.
- Cannot participate in Study Abroad Programs because of having to pay extra for living expenses
So I shall be attending Florida International University for approximately the next four years of my life, presumably attaining a BFA in Visual Arts with a track in Photography and minoring in Entrepeneurship.
Congratulations Danielle Fox. You have been accepted at Florida International University for the Fall Term 2010. FIU, here I come!