Tuesday, August 24, 2010

First Couple of Days of College

So I have officially experienced my first days of school, except for one class which is a bullshit class anyway (Freshman Experience, I know, how retarded) and I have to say that I really am loving it. I guess since you are only in the class for so long and classes aren't all day long it's easier for you to focus in class and actually feel excited about it. The two classes I'm most excited about taking are Ecology of South Florida and World Regional Geography which I already have homework for and I can tell I'm going to learn a lot. I know a lot of people look for slack classes with slack professors, but I feel that if you are actually paying for your education, you should be getting something out of it. I haven't been late to any of my classes (thank God) and I've liked all my teachers for the most part. I'm still not sure about my English teacher, but we'll see. I have a feeling she's one of those that you like sometimes and other times not so much. I haven't just been going to class either. I've been socializing with my friends I brought with me from Ferguson and even chatting it up with some I haven't ever hung out with or haven't seen in forever. And today I attended the Greek Life Barbecue and learned about some of the sororities I will be rushing and all about Rush Week and Bid Day and stuff. I really think joining a sorority is the best way for me to get involved on campus and still keep my grades up. They do a lot of community service events as well as attending games and playing some sports games themselves (intramural sports), plus events, socials, formals, mixers, etc with all of your sisters. They are really big on keeping your academics up though so I will be sure to have a study support system and maybe even have a sister who can tutor me if I'm struggling. So far, I have my ideas of which sororities I'm interested in and I can't wait till Rush Week to see if my ideas are correct.

0 comments:

Post a Comment