Monday, August 2, 2010

The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo


I just recently finished reading this book and usually I'm not one of those people who go looking for the books on the bestseller lists. I try to make up my own lists, but this book really caught my attention. I was in Publix when I read the back of it and was amazed to see that it actually sounded really good! It turns out that I was right. 

The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo is a mystery novel about a journalist, Mikael Blomkvist, and a misunderstood PI with some amazing research skills named Lisbeth Salander who are hired by this billionaire businessman to dig up and solve a case that has been dead and closed for 25 years. Blomkvist and Salander are pulled into an intriguing family history and a search for a dead girl's murderer and in the process learn some things about themselves.

This book is hard to put down. On the one hand you have mystery. On the other you have some romance and touching moments. It's also brilliantly written and  very graphic at points. Completely enjoyable, I would recommend this book to anyone who likes to try and unravel a good mystery.

0 comments:

Post a Comment