Wednesday, August 25, 2010

First Week of College is Almost Done and Man Did It Fly By

My first week of college is soon coming to a close and I have to say that it has been one of the best experiences I have had so far. Being in college is very different from high school. It kind of reminds of being at like a workshop where I have a bunch of options as to what sessions I can attend and I attend the one that most appeals to me and then I meet up with my friends for fun stuff in between. There is an entire life to be had on campus if you want there to be. For one thing you can live on campus which would actually make things so much easier, I'm considering doing it if I get enough financial aid and scholarships next fiscal year. For another thing, you can work on campus which puts you so much closer to the action. Then there are all the events that they have there. Charity events, concerts, pep rallies, sports games, parties, socials, club meetings, etc. It's totally huge. They have places to eat there and not just a dingy cafeteria although the food there is really great too, but actual places like Jamba Juice, Chick-fil-A, Chili's, etc. If you live on campus there's really never any reason to leave. I don’t live on campus (yet) but I do plan on getting involved and, even though I already have a secure job at the airport, I'm going to see about finding a job on campus because it will be more convenient for me considering traffic, parking, schoolwork, etc. I'm already looking into joining a sorority. I thought the dues would be way out of my price range, but I found out that some of them are actually really very doable. Like Alpha Zeta Delta has dues at $350/semester and then you buy your own shirts or none of them at all if you don’t want. Me and Meli went to the Greek Barbeque yesterday and really got to know some Phi Mus and are really considering them as a possible option. Both of us! It isn't necessary for us to be in the same sorority but it would be really nice. And we already said that if it turns out Greek life isn't going to be for us for some reason or another, we'll make our own group called the Friendship Squad and live all together in Jackie's grandma's house (which is another thing we are thinking about). Apparently Jackie's grandmother is getting too old to live by herself so she may go live in Jackie' house and we can live in the grandma's house all of us together: Meli, Jackie, Sammy, and Kevin. That definitely sounds ideal. Well, anyway, I love the learning style of college; I love the freedom; I love the social scene; I love the food; I love absolutely anything there is to love about it! I even love my classes!

0 comments:

Post a Comment